This plant, of which there are more than 400 species and many varieties, comes from China and, although it is perennial, our advice is that you treat it as if it were annual, since after the first flowering it loses strength and the following blooms are more Poor and of lower quality. The most suitable for growing indoors is the obconic primula, since it is the most resistant, it has rounded and thick leaves and flowers in a bouquet of colorful colors.
When to buy it and how to choose it?
Winter is the best time of the year to buy it, although until the beginning of April you can find beautiful specimens in full bloom. When buying it, always choose compact plants, with strong leaves and with several open buds. The base of the pot must be well cleaned and without any trace of mold.
What is the best place in the house to place it?
The ideal place is a very bright and well ventilated room, but without drafts, since the plant could lose all the flowers. You should also ensure that the temperature is moderate and that it does not give the sun's rays directly.
Can you get it to have more than one bloom?
Yes, if you take it outside after flowering. However, as we have said before, the following blooms will be weaker and less leafy than the first.
You need to be in a very bright place, which receives light, without direct sunlight.
The ideal temperature is between 14 ºC and 18 ºC. Be careful with the high temperatures of the heaters, especially at the end of winter that is when the cocoons are formed.
During spring and summer, we will water the plant 2 or 3 times a week, since it is important to keep the soil very moist. In winter it is enough once. Of course, it is very important that the pot used has good drainage so that it does not accumulate excess water. It is also very good to place small pebbles on the ground.
Do it every 15 days with a special liquid fertilizer for flowering plants from autumn or when buds sprout. With a fertilizer rich in potassium you will favor flowering.
1. If they are smooth surfaceThe best way is with a soft sponge moistened with water. So that it does not break, hold the blade over the open hand and gently pass the sponge. There are products to polish them and protect them from dust, in specialized stores.
2. If the surface of the sheet is rough or has "hair"Fine, it is best to use a soft bristle brush and pass it carefully over the entire surface of it, to remove dust well, holding it underneath as in the previous case.
3. Another simple method of cleaning your sheets thatIn addition, it benefits the plant is to spray it every day with a water nebulizer, if possible rain. To do this, you have to keep a minimum distance of the sheets of about 15 cm approximately.
The leaves of the plant have white mosquitoes and yellow spots. To end the motive that originates it, the whitefly, you have to throw a special insecticide that you can find in nurseries and florists.
- On the stems and undersides of the leaves there are orange bumps. The cause is that it has a fungus called rust. Apply a specific fungicide.
- The leaves have brown dots and some small cobwebs on the underside of the leaves. When this occurs it is because the plant is affected by the red spider. The best way to end it is to sprinkle with a specific acaricide for sale in nurseries.
- The plant has rot. In this case, the plant is most likely to have botritis,
so you have to treat it with a specific systematic fungicide.
- Flower stems are short. This occurs when the plant is subjected to too cold temperatures. Change it site.